From 14 February 2023, approximately 19,000 eligible asylum seekers on TPVs and SHEVs may now apply for a permanent Resolution of Status (RoS) Visa. This is a visa for permanent residency, with access to Medicare, Services Australia, short-term counselling for torture and trauma and English language classes.
- You can check your eligibility here
- If you are unsure or need help, check the government factsheet available in different languages here
- Contact a specialist community legal service provider for free advice:
- Start well before your TPV or SHEV expires: if you do not apply before your current visa ceases your presence in Australia will become unlawful.
- Further resources and information from the Refugee Council of Australia are here
Kylea's newsletter hits the inboxes of people right across our electorate of North Sydney. Stay up to date with Kylea's plans and progress as she tells us about her week speaking with people in our community. We'll also highlight the latest community events and initiatives to get involved with.