Kylea Tink Independent Limited
Thank you for offering to volunteer with Kylea Tink Independent Limited (KTI) to support Kylea Tink MP as the independent Federal Member of Parliament for North Sydney, including in any future election campaign.
We want to make sure that your experience is as enjoyable and positive as possible and that each member of KTI’s Volunteer Team feels respected, appreciated and safe. We encourage positivity, open and respectful communication, equality, inclusion and fun.
This Volunteer Agreement outlines our mutual commitments and the standards of behaviour and expectations for KTI volunteers. This Agreement does not create an employment or contractor relationship between you and KTI or Kylea Tink MP and it may be cancelled at any time by either of us.
1. Volunteer Activities and Behaviour
a) You agree that all activities are performed on a voluntary basis and understand you will not receive remuneration or payment for this work.b) KTI values its volunteers and will aim to:
- organise a briefing and any training necessary for your volunteer role
- provide a safe environment for your volunteer activities
- respect your privacy, including by keeping your private information confidential.
- be positive and act in the best interests of KTI and Kylea Tink MP
- act with integrity and respect
- be your best self
- welcome and include all our community.
- support Kylea Tink MP
- participate in any induction briefing
- only undertake activities you are authorised to perform
- follow any key messages guidelines provided by Kylea Tink MP’s Electoral Office
- follow reasonable directions and instructions given by a Volunteer Coordinator, Project Co-ordinator if you are part of a project team, or other authorised representative of KTI. If you are unsure whether an activity or instruction is authorised, please do not hesitate to talk to a Volunteer Coordinator or Kylea Tink MP’s Electoral Office
- notify a Volunteer Coordinator, your Project Coordinator (if applicable) or Kylea Tink MP’s Electoral Office of any health and/or safety issues or potentially hazardous situations that may pose a risk to you or others
- immediately report any accidents or incidents relating to staff, volunteers or the location to a Volunteer Coordinator or Kylea Tink MP’s Electoral Office
- not be affected by drugs or alcohol when you are volunteering
- always comply with the law
- use property or equipment to which you have been given access, safely and only for the purpose of volunteering, and return it to KTI when the volunteer activity is complete.
2. COVID and workplace safety
When carrying out your volunteer activities, you agree to comply with COVID public health orders, Government public health guidelines, all laws and reasonable directions from KTI concerning workplace and COVID safety.
3. Photo consent
If you pose for a photo or video while carrying out your volunteer activities, you consent to it being used to market and promote KTI and Kylea Tink MP (including in printed and digital marketing and on social media platforms) – unless you tell the person taking the photo/video at the time that you do not agree.
4. The health and safety of you and others
a) At KTI, volunteer safety and the safety of everyone who is involved in our team is a priority. Under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW) (WHS Act) and other laws, KTI has a duty of care to minimise risks to everyone affected by its conduct (including paid employees and volunteers).b) As a volunteer, you have WHS responsibilities too. These include to:
- take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- comply with any reasonable instruction from KTI and to let KTI know of any concerns you may have about safety and/or fitness in undertaking your role
- co-operate with any reasonable policies and procedures of KTI.
Please talk to a Volunteer Coordinator or Kylea Tink MP’s Electoral Office at any time if you have any health and safety concerns.
a) KTI is committed to providing adequate insurance cover for volunteers while carrying out approved volunteer activities. KTI maintains Voluntary Workers Insurance and Public & Products Liability Insurance. Insured persons include all voluntary workers of the insured up to and including 80 years old.b) We want to let you know that the following events are unlikely to be covered by our insurance:
- actions beyond the scope of your volunteer role, or that occur without appropriate authority or permission from KTI
- criminal activity (including criminal charges arising out of driving incidents)
- dishonest, intentional, wilful or reckless activities
- loss resulting from self-inflicted injury, the use of alcohol or drugs, mental illness, pregnancy and childbirth
- a pre-existing condition.
c) There are also limitations on some benefits. If you would like to view a full copy of the insurance policy, please contact [email protected].
6. Confidential information and Intellectual Property
a) You may be given access to Confidential Information in the course of your volunteering. Confidential Information includes the personal information of residents of the North Sydney electorate or others who contact Kylea Tink MP’s Electoral Office, personal information of other volunteers, information about Kylea Tink MP’s strategy which is not in the public domain and other information either identified as confidential, or which is by its nature is confidential. You agree not to use or disclose any Confidential Information for any purpose other than as required to undertake authorised activities as a volunteer of KTI and at the conclusion of your volunteering, or when requested, to delete all soft copies of Confidential Information from electronic devices and back ups and destroy all hard copies.b) When providing your volunteer services to KTI, if you create ideas or materials for KTI or for Kylea Tink MP, you agree:
- to transfer all intellectual property rights and interests (including copyright) in those ideas and/or materials to KTI and/or to Kylea Tink MP; and
- to the use by KTI of such creations in a manner reasonably contemplated by the voluntary services provided under this document. As a volunteer you also agree not to bring any claim for infringement of your moral rights in respect of that use.
Thank you for your support and commitment and being part of Team Tink!
Kylea Tink Independent Limited (ABN 25 655 238 063)
Level 14, 275 Alfred Street N, NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2060